1. Who has been the biggest influence on you as a female horror writer?
I read books from a young age by King, Koontz and Herbert but I really love the Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong which I started reading when I was sixteen. It was my first look at urban fantasy horror and I loved the idea of monsters living in the every day world.
2. Do you think the style of horror differs between women and men authors? E.g. psychological vs gore?
I think men do tend to write more about gore but women do too. I prefer psychological horror myself.
3. Do you have a main subject that your write about? I.e. certain bad guys or themes?
I write about demons quite a bit in my Daemon and Queen of Hell series but i do write about other things too like zombies.
4. If you could have dinner with a famous horror writer, living or dead, who would it be and why?
Stephen King, but I would probably annoy him with a million questions.
5. Favorite female horror writer? Why?
Kelley Armstrong. She writes great characters with fantastical lives but they still live in normal settings and have jobs so if you met them you would never know what they are.
I AM AN AUTHOR, BLOGGER AND A JOURNALIST.
“Description begins in the writer’s imagination, but should finish in the reader’s.”